Patriotic Bobby Pins are fun and easy way to show your colors! Get ready for Summer with this easy project.
This post contains affiliate links, meaning that if you click through and purchase something, I’d receive a small commission to help keep the lights on at no additional cost to you. Thanks for your support!
Check out the tutorial as seen on the KUTV Morning Show!
Make your Patriotic Bobby Pins
- Slide bobby pins onto a piece of thick paper or thin cardboard, leaving space for paint that will get around the edges.
- Paint the red and white on bobby pins (minus the white stars). Paint halfway across for the pins that will also have blue. Let dry completely. One coat might be enough if it’s a thicker polish- if not, paint another coat.
- Add the blue and let it dry.
- Use the head of a straight pin to make the white dots. I did four dots on the pins with the red stripe and three dots on the white ones.Dip the head in the polish and gently tap down on the pin. The dots can take awhile to dry- avoid squashing them for awhile.
- When totally dry, remove from card and enjoy!
Mix & Match
Switch up your Patriotic bobby pins! Try different combinations to see what you like best.
Check out the rest of our Patriotic Hair Series!
Here are more posts you might like!