Make a quick and easy patriotic wreath using cupcake wrappers. Show your red, white, and blue at home or a party!
This project was featured at Sugar Bee Crafts! Thanks for sharing!
This post contains affiliate links, meaning that if you click through and purchase something, I’d receive a small commission to help keep the lights on at no additional cost to you. Thanks for your support!
- Cupcake Liners!
I used Wilton’s red and blue wrappers because I love the shades and they’re a tiny bit thicker than some other brands I’ve used. You could also add in some white. Click to see where I found them. You could even try this patriotic kit instead of the solid colors.
- Foam Wreath Form, like this one
- Straight Pins
- Silver Stars
I found the stars in this red, white, and blue pack
- Red, White or Blue Ribbon
- Glue Gun or Glue Dots
Make your Patriotic Wreath
- Turn cupcake wrappers inside out and fold or bend them to form a dish-like shape.
- Stick a pin in the middle of a cupcake wrapper, then stick it onto the wreath form.
- Continue around the wreath form, randomly placing colors and creating various shapes. If you like the wrappers closer together, then do it! I gave mine a little space to spread out and show their colors.
- At some point, cut a length of ribbon for the wreath hanger. If you want the ribbon to go over the door, measure the distance from where the wreath will be positioned on the door and where you’ll hook the wreath on the back of the door. Double that length so you can fold the ribbon in half. If you’re hanging on a nail, decide how long you want the hanger to be.
- Take your ribbon at the halfway point and pin it around the wreath form.
- Continue adding wrappers until wreath form is covered.
- If there are gaps or you’re not crazy about how some of the liners are sitting, take some hot glue or glue dots and put tiny dots between liners you want to touch. I used bobby pins to hold the liners together while the hot glue cooled off. If you’re planning to hang your wreath on a door that moves a lot, put a few dots of hot glue throughout to hold the liners on the form and to each other. The liners could pull off the pins if they move a lot.
- If you’d rather not add stars to your wreath, you’re finished! I really love it just like this.
- If you want to add the stars, take your glue gun or glue dots and secure the stars wherever you like them.
Enjoy your patriotic wreath!
Check out more ideas!