Making a dream catcher is a fun project for both kids and adults! Take control of those nighttime worries!
- Plastic Beads (buy them here)
- Craft feathers (like these)
- Yarn in several colors- I used this thin cotton yarn
- Paper plates
- Paper punch
How to make your dream catcher
- Cut the center out of a paper plates.
- Punch 20-25 holes around the edge.
- Cut a piece of yarn to 3 or 4 feet.
- Wrap a small piece of tape around one end of the yarn to make it easier to thread.
- Push the other end through one of the holes on the plate and tie a knot to hold it in place.
- Thread the yarn through a hole on the other end and randomly zigzag it to other holes. When you get to the end of the yarn, pull off the tape and tie a knot around the plate.
- Add more colors of yarn until the holes are filled.
*You’ll need three holes at the bottom to attach the yarn with feathers. Either leave three holes empty or punch more.
- Add a piece of yarn at the top to hang.
- Cut three lengths of yarn- (1) 12-18″ and (2) 8-10″
- Choose three feathers and tie one on each piece of yarn from step 9.
- Thread beads on above the feathers.
- Tie these pieces onto the bottom three holes in the plate.
- Hang to catch those bad dreams!
No time to make a dream catcher? Buy one here!
This post was originally published at Design Dazzle on June 16, 2017.
Check out these posts too!