Blow some colored bubbles to make this unique art project! It’s fun for kids and adults alike.
- Blowing bubbles
- Food coloring
Prep your colored bubbles
Pour 1/3 cup blowing bubbles into a cup or jar. Add 10 drops of food coloring and gently stir. Make as many colors as you’d like.
Blow your bubbles
Since food coloring stains, there are a few things to consider before you get started.
- Clothes – choose something that you wouldn’t mind getting stained
- Space – outside works well, or somewhere inside that won’t be damaged by accidental bubbles
- Hands – if you don’t want to risk colored fingers for a day, grab some gloves
You’re ready to start blowing those bubbles! Set your paper down and blow toward it.
Things to observe
- Try blowing harder or more gently for different effects.
- Notice what happens if you touch an already formed bubble to the paper.
- How do the colors change when they overlap?
- Which colors look the brightest?
- Some bubbles pop quickly, others take their time. How does that change the color on the paper?
- What happens when you blow a really quick breath?
Here’s a bubble that popped!
Welcome to the Inspire My Creativity Link Party!
This month’s theme is Kids Crafts and Activities. Be sure to check out what the other hosts have created!
While you’re here, check these out!