Get festive with curly patriotic hair bows! Easy to make and enjoy!
This post contains affiliate links, meaning that if you click through and purchase something, I’d receive a small commission to help keep the lights on at no additional cost to you. Thanks for your support!
Not sure where to find supplies? Click the names for the link!
- 3/8″ Grosgrain Red Ribbon & Blue Ribbon
- Metal knitting needles or wooden dowels
- Aleene’s Stiffen Quik
- Alligator Hair Clips
- Small elastics, binder clips, or clothes pins to secure ribbon while drying
- Scissors- kitchen scissors work great for crafts without risking expensive sewing scissors
- Needle and thread
Make your Curly Patriotic Hair Bows
- Using elastics, clips, or clothes pins, secure end of ribbon to the knitting needles or dowel.
- Wrap the ribbon around the needle until you reach the other end. Secure and cut ribbon.
- Spray thoroughly with stiffening spray, then let it dry. It could take up to several hours, depending on your climate.
- Once dry, spray lightly a second time. Allow to dry again.
- Carefully slide ribbon off the needle.
- Trim the ends on an angle and cut in 3″-4″ segments.
- Stack up 4 lengths of curled ribbon (two of each color) by placing the middle of one ribbon criss-crossed on the next ribbon.
- Using your needle and thread, add a few stitches to the middle where all the ribbons cross.
- Glue the ribbon to an alligator clip.
- Show off your new hair accessory!