It’s easy to create your own stencil rug to match any decor. I created this one for my daughter’s room and I love the design of the stencil! It reminds me of a flower, sunshine, and Spring!
Stencil provided by Stencil Revolution. All thoughts and content are my own. More projects coming soon!
Stencils are such a fun way to decorate, craft, and add a personal touch to your decor. I loved working with this Dahlia Mandala stencil. It comes in various sizes – I used 30″x30″, which is a great size for an accent rug. I’d love to put this on a wall too!
- Dahlia Mandala stencil
- Craft paint of your choice
- Sponge or stencil brush
- Upholstery fabric
- Thread and sewing machine for edging
Make your Stencil Rug
- Iron your fabric for the best results with your stencil.
- Lay out a drop cloth or heavy paper, then layer your fabric and stencil.
- Tape down a couple edges of the stencil using painters tape so it won’t shift while you’re painting.
- Get a little paint on your brush and start gently dabbing and work your way across the stencil.
- When you have everything filled in, carefully lift the stencil off.
- Wash the stencil now so the paint will be easier to get off. This stencil is so big, I just washed it in my bathtub.
- Let the paint fully dry, then cut out the circle leaving 1″ to 1.5″ around the edge.
- Zig zag the edge of the fabric using a wide stitch so it won’t fray.
Enjoy your stencil rug!
There are a few things I love about the stencils I received from Stencil Revolution. First, their stencils come in different sizes which is so nice for planning projects! When I’ve used stencils in the past, one thing that’s been really frustrating is finding a design I like in the right size for what I’m working on. This was such a nice surprise! Second, they’re a family company which makes me so happy to support them. I know their products benefit actual people, not a giant corporation. I also love the variety in their styles and designs. There’s so much to choose from! I have a few more projects in the works, including wall hangings to go with this rug so be sure to follow me so you won’t miss them!
This post is part of the Inspire My Creativity Link Party! I’m hosting this link party with some blogging friends and each month we share our ideas to get your creative juices flowing. This month’s theme is SPRING!
We’d love you to join in the fun- link up with us below!
Be sure to check out what the other hosts have made this month as well!
Ready for more ideas? Check these out!