Chalk paint is an easy and gorgeous way to finish or spruce up your furniture, shelves, and more! This post is part of the Inspire My Creativity Link Party. Link up below!
This post contains affiliate links, meaning that if you click through and purchase something, I’d receive a small commission to help keep the lights on at no additional cost to you. Thanks for your support!
How to refinish with chalk paint
- Clean surface then lightly sand.
- Tape off areas you don’t want painted.
If your project will have multiple colors, choose which color you want to paint first then tape and cover areas that will be another color.
I like to use trash bags to block off areas. Use painters tape to create the lines and to tape the trash bags.
- Spray the chalk paint on the surface. *Tip: don’t get the spray can too close to the project while painting. It will make the texture look different when it dries. About 12″ is good.
- Let the paint thoroughly dry, then see if it needs another coat.
- Continue taping and painting until you’re done!
This post is part of the Inspire My Creativity link party!
This month our theme is chalk paint.
Every second Wednesday of the month, my co-hosts and I share a project based around a theme.
Be sure to check out each of their blogs to see what they’ve shared as well!
What projects have you made with chalk paint?
Add your links and use the hashtag #InspireMyCreativity on social media!
I can’t wait to see your creations!