Make your own Jedi Cookie Bars for the Star Wars fans in your life! This recipe is a perfect combination of sweet and salty with a little crunch.
We love all things Star Wars at our house – including treats! Jedi Cookie Bars are perfect for movie night, parties, and any time you want a taste of The Force. You’ll love the chocolate cloak crust, the pretzel light sabers, and the malted milk ball death stars.
I love that these bars only dirty one dish! They’re a variation of Magic Cookie or Hello Dolly bars.
Jedi Cookie Bars
Butter, 1/2 cup
Chips Ahoy! Choco Chunky cookies, 1 1/2 cups
Pretzel sticks, 2 1/2 cups
Butterscotch chips, 2 cups (11 oz bag)
Sweetened Condensed Milk, 1 (14 oz) can
Whoppers, 1/2 + as desired for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place butter in 13×9-inch baking pan and place in oven while it preheats. The butter can melt while you prep the other ingredients.
- Loosely crush cookies.
Small chunks are fine – you don’t need powder. I used a rolling pin and gently pressed on them a few times.
- Break 2 cups of the pretzel sticks into small pieces using a rolling pin.
- Carefully remove butter from oven. Remember, the pan is hot!
- Add the crushed cookies to the butter then gently stir and press to form a crust.
- Scatter the crushed pretzel sticks on the crust, followed by the butterscotch chips.
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk over the butterscotch chips.
- Break the remaining 1/2 cup of pretzels in half. Now you get to choose to either scatter them on the top now, or right after it comes out of the oven.
Before baking lets them get a little gooier, after keeps them crisper.
- Bake at 350 for until lightly browned.
- If you didn’t add the pretzel topping, add it now. Also scatter malted milk balls for topping.
*Hint* Adding the malted milk balls right after the bars come out of the oven will melt the chocolate on the bottom, making them stick well. It also makes the chocolate slightly bumpy and gives it that “death star look.” If you want smooth chocolate, wait for the bars to cool a bit, then press the balls in so they don’t fall off.
- Cut into bars and enjoy!