Light up the night with a leafy fall lantern! Use the free printable for this easy project!
This post contains affiliate links, meaning that if you click through and purchase something, I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thanks for your support!
Free printable leaves
Enter email and file will be delivered to your inbox!
Make your Fall lantern
- Paint the inside of your jar using the sponge brush. Paint one section at a time by painting a few long strokes to distribute the paint, then dab the sponge brush on the area to break up the brush strokes.
- When the inside is covered, find somewhere it can sit for awhile. The paint doesn’t dry as fast on the inside of the jar as it does normally.
- Print out the leaves on the cardstock and cut them out.
Again, the download is available by email. Please enter your info for delivery.
Some pages of the printable have my logo, some do not. The pages with the logo are for cutting out by hand. The pages without the logo are designed for uploading to a cutting machine. *If you’re using a cutting machine, you can just do the cutting step and skip printing if you want.
- Put a thin layer of glue on a leaf and put it in the jar. Carefully arrange where you’d like it then gently tap it down using a dry sponge brush. *don’t rub around a lot on the insides of the jar as the paint can scrape off.
- Continue until you like the combination/number of leaves.
- Let it throughly dry.
- Insert the fairy lights or votive and enjoy! *Avoid rubbing the sides of the jar when putting the lighting in so you don’t scratch up your paint job.
For a fun variation, insert a glow stick for a spooky look!
Sharing is caring! Have a friend who would enjoy this? Please share!
See what else you can make with THIS SAME free printable!
Here are more ideas for home and family!