Create your own mini book fairy door! Inspire the reading and sharing of books.
Products provided by miniatures.com. All content and opinions are my own.
Have you heard about Book Fairies? They’re people around the world who share their love of reading and promote literacy by leaving books for people to find and read. This project celebrates their dedication to sharing and helping others develop a love of books.
Fairy Door Kit
Book (paper to cover, if needed)
Mini pompoms and thread
Book Fairy swag
Make your Book Fairy Door
- If you don’t like the cover of the book you’re using as a base, use paper to cover.
- Paint trim of door and attach door to book.
- Make a mini bookcase by gluing a mini tray to the bottom of a large crate. Add tiny books and a book end, if desired.
These crates are a perfect match to the door!
- Attach mini doorknob and small crate to door. Add mini books.
- Make a mini book fairy bag using green fabric. I used my Cricut to cut iron-on letters for the bag. Add books.
- Add Book Fairy ribbon to the top and make a mini pompom swag using thread and small pompoms.
- Add mini umbrella by door and any other details to personalize.
Enjoy your Book Fairy door!
Check out more projects!