This personalized composition book has a secret- a hidden chalkboard! It’s an easy project for kids and adults to make.
This post contains affiliate links, meaning that if you click through and purchase something, I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thanks for your support!
Supplies Needed for your personalized composition book
- Composition book
- Paper for cover- Get FREE download of printable covers below or use scrapbook paper
- Tape- Washi, glitter, or duct tape work great!
- Glue stick
- Chalkboard adhesive paper- find it here
How to make
- Print the cover you’ve chosen or grab an 8.5”x11” piece of scrapbook paper. If you printed, the pattern won’t go quite to the edge of the page. Trim the left edge of the paper unless you’re using wider tape that will cover the unprinted portion.
- Apply glue stick to outside of front cover.
- Line up paper along the edge of the spine tape and stick down, leaving the edge of the paper hanging over the cover.
- Prepare to fold the paper edges around the cover by cutting 2 or 3 “v”s to allow the corners to fold.
- Apply glue to the paper hanging over, fold around the cover, and stick down to the inside of the cover. Let the glue dry.
- Stick a piece of tape on the front cover to help stick the edge of the paper along the spine, leaving an extra inch or two on each end to fold inside.
- Cut a piece of the chalkboard paper to 7.25” x 9.25”.
- Stick chalkboard paper to the inside cover to hold the edges of the paper down and create a writing surface.
- Optional: Add a chalkboard segment to the front of the cover.
- Repeat steps on the back cover.
You can use a regular stick of chalk or a chalk marker on the chalkboard paper.