School picture day can be a great way to create memories. Use these tips to help the day go smoothly. We all want fabulous pictures!
Picture Day Clothes
- Pick a color that looks great on your child.
- Stay away from busy patterns or logos.
- Avoid words/phrases. They can look cluttered and some of the words or letters could be cut off and look awkward. Even if you’re doing a full length photo, keep in mind the mini pictures on the class photo will be cropped.
- Be sure clothes are clean and iron if needed. Even small wrinkles are accentuated in photos.
- For small kids, consider sending an extra shirt in their backpack- just in case.
- Dress weather appropriate. You might love their new sweater but if it’s 90 degrees out, you could end up with a red face and an overheated look in the picture. Not to mention wet, sticky hair. Check the weather forecast to be prepared.
- Choose clothes that your child will be comfortable in. If they’re itchy, self-conscious, or distracted by their clothes, it will probably show in their portrait.
More things to consider
- Jewelry is fun but be careful not to go too big- you want the focus to be on your child’s face. Same goes for watches, scarves, and other accessories.
- Choose a flattering hairdo that’s on the sturdy side. If there’s a little wind or pictures are after recess, what will still survive?
- Hopefully pictures will be taken early in the day, but you never know. Avoid packing lunches with foods that could be really messy or stick in their teeth. No grape juice, broccoli, oranges, celery, chocolate, pudding, or foods that are easily spilled.
- Styles come and go but avoid extremes you might regret by the time their pictures arrive.
- Good sleep the night before and breakfast in the morning will help avoid cranky and grumpy pictures.
- Relax! Don’t put too much pressure by giving your kids 20 things to remember. If your kids have fun during their picture, it will show through and give a better boost to the end result. You might remind them of a happy time to think of during their session.
Yes, I said 12 then added an extra tip!
What has helped you on school picture day? Please share!
While you’re here, check these posts out!